May 11, 2020
We are now providing in person services in the office again.
We are observing social distancing guidelines.
Face mask and gloves are required in the office.
We ask our patients to wait in the car and we call them when ready.
We ask that family members wait in the car unless help is necessary during the visit.
Our goal is that patients, staff and community stay safe through this period.
March 23, 2020
Due to COVID-19 we decided to close the office for safety of our patients, staff and our community.
We are available for our patients. We are conducting virtual visits by phone or video. This is now covered by most insurances due to the current crisis. Co-pays may be required.
To schedule appointments or to ask questions please call our office 781-489-5541.
We are reachable via Partners Patient Gateway.
You can also contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
As per CDC and Partners Healthcare system recommendations
- Screening for COVID-19 patients
- We will be asking every patient right away the following questions:
Based on the responses to these questions, there are specific next steps to take. Screening for patients who are most vulnerable relative to COVID-19
- Do you have a fever or cough?
- Have you traveled to or through China, Iran, Italy, Japan or South Korea in the last 30 days?
- Have you been in contact with anyone who has been confirmed or suspected to have the novel coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- If you answered yes to any of the above questions and you must come to the office, is expected to wear a mask during your time at the office, do not bring visitors with you that may have been exposed or merely to protect them from unnecessary exposure.
- if appointment is not urgent, please call or send a patient gateway message
- We will use clinical discretion and identify those patients who are most vulnerable relative to COVID-19 (e.g. older adults, people who have serious chronic medical conditions like heart disease, diabetes and lung disease) and consider alternative means of communicating and caring for these patients (e.g. phone, Patient Gateway).
- If a patient has a scheduled appointment, we are not canceling or rescheduling those currently scheduled visits unless indicated by the flowchart or indicated by the screening for patients who are most vulnerable relative to COVID-19.
- Additionally, we continue scheduling ambulatory visits unless otherwise indicated by the flowchart or indicated by the screening for patients who are most vulnerable relative to COVID-19.
Patient Gateway, Virtual Video Visits:
- Patient Gateway. Newton Wellesley Hospital is allowing automatic signup invitations for Patient Gateway. This will allow our patients to sign up without any action from our front desk staff. Our patients’ Patient Gateway account is the key to helping them to access their care remotely.
- Virtual Video Visits. Newton-Wellesley Hospital is working together to prepare teams, develop workflows and make the necessary technical enhancements. This will allow those patients who do not necessarily require an in-person interaction to still seek care. More to come soon.
Remember to prevent the spread of this virus WASH YOUR HANDS, USE A TISSUE OR ELBOW TO COVER YOUR COUGHS AND SNEEZES!
Thanks for helping us keep our community healthy!
This is a fluid situation and we will keep you informed as we learn more.
Top Doctors by Castle Connolly
May 1, 2015
Immediate and acute adverse effects following transforaminal epidural steroid injections with dexamethasone. El Abd OH, Amadera JD, Pimentel DC, Gomba L. Pain Physician 2015 May-June;18(3):277-86
October 14, 2014
Interventional Spine Lecture, Medical School University of Sao Paulo, SP Brazil
October 4, 2014
General Pruritis as an Unusual Side Effect After Epidural Injection with Dexamethasone
PMR 2014 Oct 4.
May 25, 2014
Dr. El Abd's response to editorial letter in Pain Physician
In Response to Digital Subtraction Angiography is Not the Answer for Safe Epidural Injections.
El Abd O, Amadera JE, Pimentel DC, Pimentel TS.
Pain Physician. 2014 May-Jun;17(3):E414-5.
Anti-Tumor Necrosis Factor Antagonists in the Treatment of Low Back Pain and Radiculopathy: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
Pimentel DC, Elabd O, Benyamin RM, Buehler AM, Leite VF, Mazloomdoost D, Chen J, Hsing WT, Amadera JE.
Pain Physician. 2014 Jan-Feb;17(1):E27-44.
Anti-nerve growth factor in the treatment of low back pain and radiculopathy: a systematic review and a meta-analysis.
Leite VF, Buehler AM, El Abd O, Benyamin RM, Pimentel DC, Chen J, Hsing WT, Mazloomdoost D, Amadera JE.
Pain Physician. 2014 Jan-Feb;17(1):E45-60.
Feb 1, 2014
Intravascular flow detection during transforaminal epidural injections: a prospective assessment.
El Abd O, Amadera JE, Pimentel DC, Pimentel TS.
Pain Physician. 2014 Jan-Feb;17(1):21-7.
January 15, 2014
NWISPINE office opened on Jan. 15, 2014 in our new location in Wellesley Hills.
Give Us a Call
Call us if you need more information about our new location and services.